2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Guess That Novel (14)

Hello fellow bloggers! It is Wednesday and time for another edition of Guess That Novel!!!! Guess That Novel is a weekly post hosted by me where I put up a quote from a certain book and you, the followers, try to guess which novel it is from so that the follower who guesses it first gets to have their link featured in a post. =D

So to start off this post let me just put up last week's quote.

The bull-man wheeled towards him, pawed the ground again, and got ready to charge. I thought about how he had squeezed the life out of my mother, made her disappear in a flash of light, and rage filled me like high-octane fuel. I got both hands around one horn and I pulled backwards with all my might. The monster tensed, gave a surprised grunt, then-snap!

The winner of this quote is, Yan over at Books By Their Cover! She got it correct with Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Congratulations Yan! So everyone check out the blog and follow it! Leave some comments and everything! I checked it out before and it's really good and epic =D

But now we must choose a new quote. And as always I have to look for one so this might take a while. Finally I got a good one! I love this book and haven't opened it up because I like to preserve the special smell in it. I'll talk about the smell in next weeks post. =D

There was once a kindly old wizard who used his magic generously and wisely for the benefit of his neighbours. Rather than reveal the true source of his power, he pretended that his potions, charms and antidotes sprang ready-made from the little cauldron he called his lucky cooking pot. From miles around people came to him with their troubles, and the wizard was pleased to give his pot a stir and put things right.

So that's basically it. But this time there's more to it. You see that quote is part of a short story in a book. The book is made up of four or so short stories so it's not that hard. So click this link here and get to answering. =D

It's not that difficult of you think of major books. Those that everyone knows about basically.

So next week we shall so who got it right and if anyone did get it right.

While you're here check out my The Subtle Chronicler Facebook Page and become a fan by liking it. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...