2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cast Them Away (4)

Hey Chroniclers! This is post 399! I am starving and the only thing I have at the moment is burritos. El burrito it is. And by el burrito I mean the burrito and not the donkey. Spanish jokes, what what? Anyway! Today is Wednesday which means it's time for another Cast Them Away! A weekly meme hosted by your truly, >.>, in which I choose an actor or actress to play a certain character from a book if it were a movie. Now the first time I did this I chose John Green novels in which you can find the post here. If you read it you know that I had a hard time casting the role of Hazel in The Fault In Our Stars. Until now.




Like I said, this week's novel is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I had a difficult time trying to find an actress to cast Hazel and even went as far as saying to cast a newcomer for the role. While I still think it could be good to cast a newcomer, this is all about finding the right actress.

The Fault In Our Stars is about a girl who lives with cancer and meets a guy in a support group for children/teens with cancer that basically not only changes her life but shows her what living is all about. It's a sweet and loving story with humor and heart-wrenching moments. I truly enjoyed the novel a lot and it's one of those that even though it is sad, it makes you feel good. It's a feel good novel.

The person I would cast for the role falls to two people. One is based on how she looks in my head while the other is who I know has the acting chops for it. The looks go to...

Valorie Curry! I was introduced to this beautiful actress in the new FOX show The Following. Immediately I thought, Hazel Grace! And it would be interesting to see her take the part. But seeing as how Valorie plays a psycho on the show, I don't know how her sweet emotional parts are just yet.

I also found out that Valorie played a vampire in Breaking Dawn: Part 2. She played the role of Charlotte who also didn't have that big of a part. I of course am watching The Following religiously so I hope she gets a scene where she's vulnerable and emotional just so I can see how she is. But for now she looks like Hazel Grace.

The other person who I think can pull it off who has the looks and the acting skills is an actress who was in The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Parenthood, and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World to name a few.

The actress is...

Mae Whitman!

Now both her and Valorie have two different looks but I think that Mae Whitman would be a good movie version of Hazel. Aside from the looks I know she can act which is something that I much prefer over the looks really.

If you can't act like Hazel then you can't be Hazel.

And her name is actually being thrown around for the actual role of which the movie is going to be filmed very soon. If I'm not mistaken they said that they wanted to start filming in September but don't quote me on that.

What do you guys think of the two actresses though? Do you have someone else in mind? Who would you cast as Augustus?! Leave your comments down below and let me know!


Also don't forget to check me out on other places around the web of inter...

Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Goodreads: Michael Araujo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...