2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Honesty Hour (5)

Hey Chroniclers! How is everyone doing. I haven't done one of these in a while but I figured that I'd do one today since I've been thinking about this. Honesty Hour is a meme where unlike a review, it's more of a discussion. I give my spoiler filled thoughts about a book. Whether I speak specifically of the characters, author, story, or even an author! This will allow people who have read the books as well to come in and give their opinions about the matter. Again, I warn you there are spoilers after the picture, so if you haven't read the books that are shown below, TURN BACK NOW FOR THERE ARE SPOILERS WITHIN!


Kelley Armstrong's YA Series.

Kelley Armstrong first wrote a Trilogy about a group of teens who are supernatural.

The Summoning we are first introduced to these characters as they found out who they are and what is going on. I loved this book and felt like it had everything that I was looking for. The Awakening and The Reckoning follows their story as they attempt to survive on their own and free themselves from what follows them. The trilogy was seriously an amazing story and I loved everything about it and at this moment I can't find one bad thing to tell.

Of course we wanted more of these characters and the world they live in so Kelley Armstrong gave us a second trilogy. The trilogy is set in the same world except it gives us a whole new cast of characters.

I was so excited to read The Gathering and when it finally came I did love it. I did feel as if it were lacking a bit in the action department. But I loved the characters and the mystery to what types of supernaturals the new cast were kept me reading. The book ended with an exciting scene that I really enjoyed and got me to come back for The Calling. Upon reading the sequel, we learned that the teens are extinct supernaturals resurrected back to life. Sirens, Skin-Changers, Demon Hunters etc. etc. The book ended with a promising sequel in the way.

Thus we finally get The Rising and this is where the Honesty Hour and my problem with it comes in. The whole novel was setting itself up for this fight. The new characters were finding each other and getting back together and they set out to find this other group of supernaturals who turn out to be the characters from the first trilogy. So now we have this big super group of supernaturals and they want war. They want to bring down the organizations fighting for them and then out of nowhere, they end up living in a secluded village made by the organization.

My problem with all of this is, all of this talk about bringing them down and they end up partnered with them. Okay. Kelley Armstrong stated that it was the final book and she wasn't going to write anymore. In the near future. It's not planned. Which means we get this crappy ending. I would understand if she had more planned because the characters joined this organization to train with them and then bring them down from the inside. But there's nothing planned. We get such an open-ended ending that it seems very lackluster.

It's really bothering me, I mean I was seriously getting excited for this crazy ending and then just nothing. I really do hope that she writes another trilogy to tie it all together. But here's what I think she should do. She should write two more trilogies. The first trilogy will be with another group of Supernaturals who will already know about themselves but find out what the organization is doing. In the second book they're running off and fighting for their lives and the third book they attempt to find the secluded village where the others live and end up finding them. The last trilogy will be everyone from the three groups bringing down the organization. With the first book from Chloe's (1st Trilogy) POV, second, from Maya's and third with the third trilogy's main character.

One can only hope. But what do you guys think. Were you guys happy with the ending of the series or did you find it lackluster as well? Let me know down in the comments below! and Kelley, if you're reading this, please write more so it can all end amazingly!


Also don't forget to check me out on other places around the web of inter...

Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Goodreads: Michael Araujo



   
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...