2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cast Them Away (9)

Hello Chroniclers! It's Wednesday once again which means it's time for another Cast Them Away! (Since I'm scheduling these it feels so weird saying it's a different day and I currently have a headache but I swear I'll get these done!) Anywho, Cast Them Away is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly in which I choose an actor or actress to play a character from a book if the book were ever turned into a movie. Keeping up with the Pretty Little Liars theme, I've chosen another girl to play a character from a book that I really do enjoy.


The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong follows the character of Maya who begins to notice strange things about herself. She can kind of communicate with animals and feel what they feel and not only that, but the people around her are acting a bit strange. Little does she know that she is actually an extinct supernatural and that the life she think she's living, doesn't really belong to her.

If a novel could be told in colors I would have to give it a mix between blues and then shades of green and brown. The mood is quickly changing from light to mysterious to action. And poor Maya has to go through it all.

Which one of the Pretty Little Liars would I choose as Maya though? While Maya is a Native-American I think that Shay Mitchell aka Emily would be able to pass. There could be other actresses out there who could be better but I kind of think Emily would be a good fit for her.

Shay has this beauty about her and this air of how she handles herself that makes her extremely likable. Maya can be seen in the same way. They're both sort of laid-back, chill girls who can turn up the attitude and kick ass if need be.

Looking at the picture of Shay on the right and of Maya up above, they kind of resemble each other which is quite good. The more I think about it, the more I want Shay to be Maya. I love seeing people in contemporary roles being placed in a role that is out of this world and completely different. And seeing Shay as someone who [SPOILER ALERT] is about to shift into a big cat would be the most amazing thing ever.

It's like I can picture the exact scene in my head and I'm LOVING it! Make this happen Hollywood! Make. This. Happen.

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Have anyone else on your mind for the role of Maya? Leave your comments down below!

 Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...