2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (37)

Hello all you lovely readers! Today is a day to rejoice for books have just been released into the world. I'm going to start doing this a bit differently. I'll show you all the books that are released today, that I take note of, but only speak about one of them. Today we have two releases. One of them is a sequel while the other is the first debut novel. That book is......

When The Sea Is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen.


After seventeen-year-old Felicita's dearest friend Ilven kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg's magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then soemthing shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous wild magic. Felicita must decide where her loyalties lie with the famile she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.

Story: To start off I'll give my take on the story. Honestly, it sounds like any other vampire novel that is out there. As soon as I read that she becomes fascinated with the vampire I immediately thought that this book wasn't for me. Everyone knows how I feel about vampires and only one book about a vampire do I truly love and it's not about romance at all. While it does sound interesting I think that it could do without the whole vampire ordeal. Why not go for something different? 

Cover: The cover certainly is interesting and it shows nothing to do with vampires. If I were the type of person who bought books based on covers, which I do a lot, I'd certainly be tricked because it looks to be much darker and deeper than vampires. I love the foggy water and the lifeless body resting in on it with the glimpses of the rocks protruding from the fog. It is so eerie and gives me this creepy feeling.

Verdict: Because it is vampires I won't buy it. But I do love the cover. This one is a Pass.


Other Books Released:

(I love the new covers for these books and this one is no different!)


Before you all go, tomorrow is the last day to enter The Hunger Games Epic Giveaway! So be sure to check out the link above and enter if you haven't. First place gets a shirt while second and third get a Mockingjay pin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...