2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Author Interview - Cameo Renae

Hey guys! Today I have an author interview, which is more like Part 2 of the interview. The author is Cameo Renae and if you don't remember I interviewed her a week or so ago which you can check out right here. Now I would type some other stuff but I'm just really freaking tired and can't even think. Started working on Monday so I'm basically scheduling this post so I don't forget. So let's get it started!



The Novel

Let's start off by being honest. After your book was published, did you ever look at it and go, "Man, I wish I took this out or added this!" And if so which part the most?

For the most part, I was happy with the published copy. However, after I first published, there were some errors that a few friends picked out. BUT, the beauty of self-publishing is that I could go in and make those changes. :) So... I did. I know there are still a few errors that I didn't catch, but all in all, I can say that I am very pleased with In My Dreams. It's my baby and I'm very proud.

Are there any deleted scenes from the book? Parts that you took out for whatever reason?

Oh yes. I did delete a lot from the book. There were parts that, as I did my final editing, were long and drawn out. I was like... jeeze... this is so boo-ring! So, I deleted those wordy parts, and think it made the book much better.

And onto the book itself, do you see yourself returning to Lizzy's character and writing more stories about her?

I do...eventually. I'd definitely like to write another story about Lizzy. One where she's trying to cope on her own, and learning about her new gift. Right now, my mind is on vacation from In My Dreams, so I'll have to come back to it... when and if the time is right.

Did you base any of the characters off of anyone in your real life?

I'd have to say that Michael's character is a lot like my husband. He is just a great, lovable person. (But, don't get on his bad side! Lol) If you ever meet him, you'll love him, and feel like you've known him forever. He has a heart of gold, and would give the shirt off his back if he saw a need.

Do you think that Michael would ever contact Lizzy again? (For those who haven't read the book, go read it to see what I mean!)

Hmmmm... Reader's are asking the same question, and I'd have to say... yes. But, of course... there will be a twist or two. ;) I've contemplated it, but right now I'm near the completion of my next novel (which is book 1 in a trilogy). A YA Paranormal - it will have some romance, but there's a lot more to it. I'm really excited about this next one. So... Lizzy and Michael will have to wait until another day. They know I love them. :)

Future Novels

Can we expect any more novels about Lizzy and her "new job" shall we say?

I think so, but if I do, it will probably be only one more. I haven't decided yet.

Do you have any other plans for novels? IF so could you tell us some basic ideas or something like a teaser?

Yes. Oh boy! Okay... here we go... a very short, not too descriptive teaser... ;)
If you've read In My Dreams, then you know about the Guardians. I really liked the idea and carried it into my new novels, but there is a whole lot more going on... much more complex. This next novel has evil creatures (assassins), Fallen Angels, Guardians, Nephilim's, humans, and a girl who's been thrown into the middle of it all. :)

Have you ever thought about writing more novels set in the same universe as In My Dreams? Perhaps a whole series of alternating characters who may or may not mention each other or even show up.

That's a great question. If I did, it'd probably end up something like Ghost Whisperer, and I don't think I wanna go there.

But most importantly, now that you have one novel out, how do you feel knowing you can have more on the way for the public to read?

I'm overwhelmed at the wonderful responses In My Dreams has been getting. For the future novels, I am both excited and anxious. Excited because I love the concept, plot, and characters, and anxious because I hope that people will love them as much as I do.

A special thanks to Michael for letting me raid his awesome blog. ;)


And that is all folks! It was awesome getting to chat to Cameo who is just freaking epic and again awesome. I hope to work with her again in the near future and can't wait to read her other books. Check out tomorrow when a review of her novel comes up! =) I hope you guys are having a wonderful day, (as much as mine sucks for being at work but I get home at 4!) and again a special thanks to Cameo for being epic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...