2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (38)

Hello everybody! Welcome to another Epic Day of Book Releases. This week we see a group of sequels being brought out into the world but one debut is sure to make its mark in their territory. I present to you....


Embrace by Jessica Shirvington! 


It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

On her 17th birthday, everything will change for Violet Eden. The boy she loves will betray her. Her enemy will save her. She will have to decide just how much she's willing to sacrifice.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Embrace is a compelling novel of good and evil, seductive desires and impossible choices. A centuries old war betwen fallen angels and the protectors of humanity chooses a new fighter. It's a battle Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. If angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden. 

The Story: I just have to say it right here. I am getting sick and tired of Love Triangles being in almost every single Young Adult novel out there! It is so hard to find an actual YA novel that doesn't center itself around a love triangle. And the thing that pisses me off is how they make the girl to be the savior of the world when she does nothing because either the boys are protecting her and won't let her do anything or she just is too in love to do anything. It needs to stop. Now.

The Cover: Fortunately the cover is amazing. I love the smoke wings on her back and the font with the smoke. I think it's very eerie and mystical and could feature a girl who actually kicks ass. Without the help of  a guy or two. 

The Verdict: Unfortunately I will not buy this novel. I'll look at some reviews online to see what people are saying and unless it manages to shut me up and being different, this book is a no go for me.

Let me know if you'll be buying this book. Or if you already have read it, let me know what you thought in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...