2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (39)

Welcome to Tuesday, the magical day of Book Releases. Today another batch of books have set out into the world and begin to fight for our attention. But only one book will be interesting enough to be showcased on the blog. This week it's....


Starters by Lissa Price!

In the future, teens rent their bodies to seniors who want to be young again. One girl discovers her renter plans to do more than party-her body will commit murder, if her mind can't stop it. Sixteen-year-old Callie lost her parents when the genocide spore wiped out everyone except those who were vaccinated first-the very young and very old. With no grandparents to claim Callie and her little brother, they go on the run, living as squatters, and fighting off unclaimed renegades who would kill for a cookie. Hope comes via Prime Destinations, run by a mysterious figure known only as The Old Man. He hires teens to rent their bodies to seniors, known as enders, who get to be young again. Callie's neurochip malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her rich enter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, even dating Blake, the grandson of a senator. It's a fairy-tale new life . . . until she uncovers the Body Bank's horrible plan. . . . 

The Story: I absolutely LOVE Dystopian novels so this sounds right up my alley. The only problem I have with it is the love aspect of it. I'm cautious of Dystopian novels that involve love because of Matched by Ally Condie. I was expecting one thing with it and a whole different thing happened. But the whole renting your body to an older person reminds me of prostitution and this is a really cool idea. 

The Cover: The cover looks pretty cool but I think it will look better in person. You can't exactly see what the cover really looks like until it's in your hands because it could have a different texture on it and such. But I think the cover will look amazing in person if they make it all cool and not just all glossy.

The Verdict: All in all, I will be checking out this book very soon. I love anything Dystopian and just because I got one bad book doesn't mean they all will. I'll be sure to check out reviews on this book before buying though. But if I happen to walk into a bookstore this Thursday, I'll definitely get this book.

Let me know your thoughts on the cover and the story, and if you'll be buying it or not. If you have already reviewed this book, leave a link down below in the comments for me to check out. No spoilers of course. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...