2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (40)

Welcome everyone to a late edition of Tuesday's Novel Spotlight! I would have done this earlier but with my house in complete chaos because of construction and allergies attacking my eyes left and right I just had no time. But finally I can and I have a book to show you all!


Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler!


Fifteen-year-old Billy Ballard is the kid that everyone picks on. But things change drastically when Death tells Billy he must stand in as Pestilence, the White Rider of the Apocalypse. Now armed with a Bow that allows him to strike disease from a distance, Billy lashes out at his tormentors...and accidentally causes an outbreak of meningitis. Horrified by his actions, Billy begs Death to take back the Bow. For that to happen, says Death, Billy must track down the real White Rider, and stop him from unleashing something awful on humanity-something that could make the Black Plague look like a summer cold. Does one bullied teenager have the strength to stand his ground-and the courage to save the world?

The Story: Once again Jackie Morse Kessler brings an issue in the real world and makes it into something entertaining to read. Like the other two I'm deeply intrigued on how Billy's world is going to come and how the whole bully actions will come into play. Now Pestilence isn't exactly my favorite Apocalypse, but I'm more afraid of him than any of the others. 

The Cover: I know I like the other two covers but this one has to be my favorite. I seriously love the purple tones! It's not bright and all up in your face and it's not dark to see. It's a mild color that blends in together with the designs and such. But it sets it apart from the other covers and I like that. 

The Verdict: If I hadn't just had problems with my card and gone on a book buying ban using my credit card I would have had it already or ordered it right now. As it is, I'm only going to buy books using the tips I get at work (which is only change and once I reach $50 I will use it to buy a B&N Gift Card and order all the books I need to. Otherwise I am getting this so freaking soon! 

What are your thoughts on the author, story and cover? Leave the comments down below! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...