2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (42)

Hello everyone. This one will be a short post because, well, I don't know.


Insurgent by Veronica Roth was released today and because my job sucks and all, I wasn't able to get today off to go to Barnes & Noble in NYC to get the book. Why go so far when I live in Jersey? Because it's the nearest bookstore for someone who doesn't own a car.

Anywho, I went to the train station since they have a very small bookstore but they didn't have the book and said they'd only have it by Friday. So I don't have the book and it sucks. Not because I couldn't get it (well that too) but because I've been waiting for this book for a year and knowing that I can have it but don't is killing me. It's like torture or someone taunting me.

What I don't understand though is how I live in Newark, New Jersey, one of the major if not THE major city in the state of New Jersey and we don't have a bookstore. We have the college bookstores but those are barely opened. I hate libraries so I never go there but it's not like they're opened anyway! Only twice a week.

It just bothers me as to why we don't have one when we should! It would help everyone by a lot! Think of the people who would get into reading because they'd pass by it everyday and want to check it out!

But whatever. I tweeted my mayor and asked him why we didn't have one so let's see what he says.

So until then, I shall be sad and read what I do have.

If you want to check up on the whole bookstore thing, follow me on Twitter: @SubtleChronicle

Until then, hope you guys enjoy Insurgent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...