2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Novel's Court (13)

Hey Chroniclers! It's Tuesday and you know what that means? MORE SNOW IN NEW JERSEY! No I'm kidding, that's only Wednesday/Thursday and then Sunday. All jokes aside, books have been released out to the world and it's our job to find the ones we want to read and the ones we want to pass. The Novel Court is a weekly meme hosted by me where I bring you a debut novel that is a stand-alone or the start of a series and put it through a trial-like process to deem whether it is Guilty of reading or Not Guilty. Let us begin!


The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman

Death hasn't visited Rowan Rose since it took her mother when Rowan was only a little girl. But that changes one bleak morning, when five horses and their riders thunder into her village and through the forest, disappearing into the hills. Days later, the riders' bodies are found, and though no one can say for certain what happened in their final hours, their remains prove that whatever it was must have been brutal.
Rowan's village was once a tranquil place, but now things have changed. Something has followed the path those riders made and has come down from the hills, through the forest, and into the village. Beast or man, it has brought death to Rowan's door once again.
Only this time, its appetite is insatiable.

Time for Court!

The Story: The synopsis makes it sound a bit interesting but it's not something that really holds my attention. I think I'd like to see a little more into it before I make any judgement though. It sounds a bit vague even though it is a synopsis.

The Cover: Where do I start? While I like the concept, it seems a bit off. If I'm not mistaken those are fingers going into the girls mouth? That just seems a bit odd and weird. But it looks like they are someone else's fingers going into her mouth. I'm not exactly sure how I feel. I mean I don't have a problem with fingers in mouths on covers at all, it just seems oddly looking in this cover. 

The Verdict: Not Guilty! I think I'll have to pass. Nothing of this book is exactly calling to me but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I just would rather see what other people thing before buying it.

What do you guys think? Leave your comments down below on whether you think it's Guilty or Not Guilty and we'll get to discussing!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...