2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Novel's Court (14) Pt. 1

Hey Chroniclers! It's Tuesday and we all know what that means! Books have been released into the world for us to read and it is our job to find the ones that will catch our attentions the most. The Novel's Court is a weekly meme hosted by me where I bring you a debut novel that is a stand-alone or the first of a series and put it through a trial-like process to deem whether it is Guilty of reading or Not Guilty. This week two books that really caught my attention have been released and I wanted to cover them both so there will be two separate posts. This is part one. Let us begin!


Half Bad by Sally Green


In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and sixteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan's father is the world's most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his seventeenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch-or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust-not even family, not even the girl he loves?

Time for Court!

The Story: The synopsis makes it sound so freaking good. I love anything to do with magic and I hope this one doesn't disappoint with unnecessary romance or anything of that sort. If it focuses on Nathan finding his father and trying to survive then we might have a good book in our hands. I have high hopes.

The Cover: Now I know the cover looks a bit meh on here but I have seen what the actual book looks like and it is amazing. It's not all gray like the cover on here and just you have to see it in person. It's so good!

The Verdict: Guilty! I've added this book to my wishlist and will need to check out reviews to see about the romance part, if any, but I want this book. I hope the next books don't change covers or I will flip tables.

What do you guys think? Leave your comments down below on whether you find the book Guilty or Not Guilty and we'll get discussing!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...