2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Novel's Court (14) Pt. 2

Hey Chroniclers! Earlier today I handed you guys the first post of today. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, two books came out today that really caught my attention and I decided to cover both of them instead of the usual one. In case you don't know The Novel's Court is a weekly meme hosted by me where I bring you a debut novel that is a stand-alone or the first of a series and put it through a trial-like process to deem whether it's Guilty of reading or Not Guilty. This is the second part so... Let us begin!


Death Sworn by Leah Cypess

Ileni is losing her magic. And that means she's losing everything: Her status as the renegade sorcerer's most powerful rising star. Her purpose in life. The boy she loves. Her home.

Exiled to teach sorcery to the assassins hidden deep within the mountains, she expects no one will ever hear from her again. The last two tutors died within weeks of each other. As Ileni unravels the mystery surrounding their deaths, she'll uncover secrets that have been kept for decades-and she'll find an unexpected ally and dangerous new love.

But even he may not be able to protect her. Not when she's willing to risk everything.

Time for Court!

The Story: Aside from the romance, this sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Once against magic is in it and I love magic. Reminds me of Cinda Williams Chima who has a blurb on the cover as well. 

The Cover: I'm in love with the cover! From that tower, to the mirror/window, to the font, to the colors, EVERYTHING! I hope they don't do cover changes and keep it the way it is because it's seriously amazing. 

The Verdict: Guilty! This is something I want to read and it is on my wishlist for me to buy and read. Hopefully I can get it soon and I will be checking out reviews to see what everyone else thinks.

What do you guys think? Leave your comments down below on whether you find the book Guilty or Not Guilty and we'll get discussing!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...