2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday's Novel Talk (48)

Sigh! It's been a while since I said the same thing but posting has become quite difficult these past couple of weeks and I have no idea why. I think it's because of the constant reading and catching up on some shows and playing my PS3 and then work getting in the way. Hopefully things will get back to normal because I need to post or else I'll explode.

Anyway, since last Monday, 16 April I started and finished 3 books and started my 4th in the early hours of the morning. Funny thing is that they've all been John Green books as I'm doing my John Green marathon.

Looking for Alaska: I absolutely LOVED this book. I recall reading at work when the infamous swan scene happened and I busted out laughing and got some strange looks from my boss. Or during the cheer scene at the basketball game I began laughing as well. Luckily I was alone for that one. But this book was amazing, it was hilarious (I still laugh at those scenes now) it was heart-wrenching, emotional, and everything else I could think of. It was a pretty perfect book and the best way to start off my relationship with John Green.

An Abundance of Katherines: Unfortunately my relationship, like all relationships, hit a bumpy road with this book. While I did like it there was something about it that lacked what Looking for Alaska gave to me. I just felt sort of bland reading it. Perhaps it's because I didn't understand why the main character kept going after Katherines but I do know that if it weren't for the end this book would have kind of failed in my terms.

Paper Towns: Sweet baby Jesus! This book was like the marriage between me and John Green. This gave me what Looking for Alaska gave to me plus so much more! I absolutely loved this book and so far it is my favorite of him. The scenes were both hilarious and tear-jerking. The characters were amazingly written, the mysterious Margo winning the award for best character of the novel. I remember how by the end I began hating her so much and then when it was done I didn't hate her as much but something was still there. Yet I love her. This book should definitely be read by everything single reader if you want an amazing adventure. Plus that road-trip (which surpasses An Abundance of Katherines road-trip) was so freaking hilarious that I was imagining it if it were a movie and kept laughing so much.

The Fault In Our Stars: I started this book around 3 AM and so far I'm on page 113 of  313. So far I'm loving this book. It's definitely different than the others but it's making it that much special. I'm loving the characters and I feel so much for them. I can't wait to see the ending of this book but I think it won't be a good one.

So that's what I've been reading for the past week. Let me know what you've read in the comments below! =D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...