2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Guest Post: Kyleigh-Can't Find A Bookmark

So for this month I'm having four people guest post on my blog because it's the blog's birthday month. (But before I say anything else I would like to apologize if this seems rushed. My back is killing me from picking up heavy objects and the rain isn't helping out with my knees also. I feel like an old man.)

But I asked four people who helped me start this blog to answer a question. How did you first get into reading and what was your first book?

Let's see what Kyleigh, blog host of Can't Find A Bookmark had to say.

Like so many of us book obsessed bloggers my love of reading started when I was little. I really can't remember the first book I read but I have some favorites from when I was in elementary school.

The Giver was the first book that truly made an impression on me. It wasn't just the complicated world. Actually, when I first read it I thought it was weird. It wasn't until I had read it a second time that it really caused me to think. I ended up falling in love with the strange world and the message of the story. It was a very thought provoking read and it definitely encouraged me to read further.

The Two Princesses of Bamarre is another favorite. I'm a sucker for fantasy and I guess that was true even back then. Give me a dragon, wizards, and an epic journey and I am a happy camper.

Reading is such an important aspect of my life. If someone doesn't like to read I always encourage them to find just ONE book they like. After all, it only takes one great book to start the addiction. =)

A happy blog birthday to Mike! Oh how I remember our B&N chatroom days. Haha! I look forward to another year of awesome reviews!

Lucky for us you got into reading otherwise we wouldn't have your awesome blog to check out. And thank you for doing this guest post! So for all of you who know Ky, she's this awesome person. And for those of you who don't well, she's an awesome person with a blog and you should check her out. Link is above so click it and follow her.

Don't forget to enter the contest I'm hosting. Check that out here and enter! =D I'll see you all later but only if you go follow Ky! xD


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...