2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guest Post: Andrea-Loud Words & Sounds

Hello everybody! Today is the end of the month of May and since I was so busy last week I forgot to put up a guest post. The question was;

How did you first get into reading and what was your first book?

Let's see what Andrea from Loud Words & Sounds says.

Hi Everyone! So I started really reading in third grade, and I'll explain that a little later. But I hated reading before that point, I hated it so much that I wouldn't pick any book up for fun. And the things we read in school were so boring they just couldn't hold my attention. And then well my mom decided to buy me The Harry Potter Series Years 1-5 out of the Scholastic catalog the summer before fourth grade and guess what? I found my love of reading, Harry's world raptured me into the reading world, and from that point on I could always be found with a book.

The series then became one of my instant favorites. Through middle school I went through phases of books, like the horse one, YA romance, then my historical romance (Civil War), and then fantasy came to light throughout middle school and the beginning of high school. And now I have an adult novel phase which is kinda hard to break. I had favorites like the Heartland Series (the rehabilitation of horse), The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Cry of the Icemark and Eragon, some what typical middle grade novels. I even started working in the library as a community service :). And my best friend also turned me onto Manga (comics) too, MeruPuri being one of my favorites. Yes, I was a big bookworm then. A HUGE one.

Like usual being dubbed a bookworm is the greatest in the world, but Freshman year of High School, I found an online sort of support group. and that's where I found several of my very best blogger friends -including Mike in all his whims- that helped me through some harder times. And then I found other books like Sarah Dessen novels, the Private series, Meg Cabot, ones with wolves and more. Including my two favorite books Major Crush by Jennifer Echols and The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Junior year I found blogging and from that point on I started an addiction that lately has been failing because of all of my school involvement. Just give me a book with a good romance, fantasy or wolves in it and I'll be happy! :)

But the moral of this is Books have been an important part of my life since third grade, and Mike too has helped in the share of funny laughs through my life. And the mutual threats to go and kick each others butts every once in a while is hilarious, or is that just me?

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY MIKE! ^_^

Those were some epic times on the chat! Lol It's just crazy how everyone's story of how they got into reading is different. Mine is kind of like Andrea's but just in a different situation. But I want to thank her -you if you're reading this- for helping me with my blog and life also and for just being awesome! So everyone go check out her page, follow her and leave her loving comments to make her blog more!

Also don't forget to enter the contest that will end today. Click here to enter. I bid you all farewell for now! =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...