2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (47)

Hello everyone! It is Tuesday and yet another book has been released into our world! On another note, I have gotten worse with being sick. Woke up and I couldn't even swallow anything because my throat was in so much pain. Why won't it just go away?! But back to our books, today a book has been released. One of the many books that are being released into our reading world and I am here to bring you the news! Which book is it you ask? Well it's none other than....


The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken!

I've been loving the cover for the longest and I really want to know what it looks like in person because I'm sure it has an awesome feel to it or something special. But what exactly is this book about?

When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government "rehabilitation camp." She might have survived the mysterious disease that's killed most of America's children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she's on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her-East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can't risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.

When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.

Now let's break it down.

The Story: The story sounds amazing. I'm a bit afraid of the romance part of it but other than that I'm very intrigued with the types of powers and the camps and everything about it. As I read the synopsis I kept picturing it as a movie trailer in my head which is always a good sign. 

The Cover: I absolutely love the cover. I think it's amazing to not have a face on it and have it something that pertains to the book. I love books with designs and not people on the covers. Must be the non-existent artistic side of me. I hope the cover in person has a special feel to it like some covers do. 

The Verdict: I'll definitely be checking out this book and totally want to buy it. I might have to check out some reviews to see how the romance plays out and if it's too much or just right but other than that, count me in! 

What are your thoughts on the author, cover, and story? Leave your comments down below.

I also take up more spots on the internet;


Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Goodreads: Michael Araujo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...