2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A "little" Update




Hello fellow bloggers. I'm kind of in a rush so excuse me if this has any errors or something. But I kind of have 2 hours to get ready and stuff before I go away. You see I dance this thing called Rancho, which is Portuguese Folklore Dancing.

Want to see what we wear and look like as we dance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2vbSyYzXqQ BAM! That's not us, and we don't dance that exact song (no matter how many times I ask to do it) but we're from the same place.

It's like this Rancho is done all over Portugal. And American and other places where there is Portuguese people. But they all differ from one another, depending where you're from in Portugal. I dance in a group from Ribatejo, Portugal. So as you can see in that video up top, groups from Ribatejo dance faster and we use our feet to make noise. At times stopping the song to make beats with them. There's these two medal pieces under our shoes, pretty thick and it makes the banging louder.

But now if you watch a group from Minho, Portugal they have these clam type things on their hands to make the noise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v7jsDRvP94&feature=related That right there is actually this group who practices like a block away from us.

And Rancho is pretty cool. Like in our group Ribatejo, there's this whole story like. There's different outfits like a fisherman and a hunter. Or a bullfighter. And there's stories and rules. Like, A hunter dance with a fisherman's wife. But a hunter's wife can't dance with a fisherman. It's all fascinating once you learn all of it.

But anyway, you must be wondering why I'm writing about dancing in a blog about novels. Good point, I'm wondering that myself until I remembered. It's all to say that I won't be here this weekend.

We usually go out to dance in other states, and hopefully in the future, other countries like others do. So yea, we'll be in Connecticut today and get back around two or three in the morning. Only to be up again around seven to go to Pennsylvania at eight.

But the way this relates to novels is that going to Connecticut is almost a 3 hours ride going and another 3 coming. So I'll be reading and hopefully I'll finish a book and try to write a review for it.

So yea, if you don't see me post, don't think it's because I've abandoned my blog. NEVER! It's getting to epic to let go now.

So I will surely miss going on and seeing how many followers I have. Haha, look at me I'm going away for two days and it seems as if I'm going to be gone for a month or so. But so far I have 22 followers and hopefully when I return I can have like 23+ =D

So yea thank you guys for reading this and just seeing as I ramble about Rancho haha. So see you guys on Monday. =D

PS. That picture up there is one of me and this other guy dancing this dance called Fandango do Pau. It's another story and yes I am swinging at his feet. So when I come back I'll tell you the short story of it and I'll put a link to a video so you guys can see =D

1 comments:

Ky said...

Lolz. Those sticks still scare me. O.O HAVE FUN!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...