2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Guess That Novel (13)

Hello my awesome followers! I'm so happy today and I don't even know why. I'm weird like that. But today is Wednesday and we all know what that means. GUESS THAT NOVEL!

Guess That Novel is a weekly meme hosted my me, The Subtle Chronicler, every Wednesdays. The purpose? To interact with the followers by putting up a quote and having them try to figure out which novel it is from and who the author is.

Now last week's quote was from this awesome book. The quote?

I was in the gazebo thinking of the photo, thinking of my mother, when ------- got up in the middle of the night and crept across the hall. I watched her as I would a burglar circling a house in a movie. I knew she would get in, but what would she do in there? Already my private territory had become a no man's land in the middle of our house. My mother had not touched it.

I had a lot of responses and they were all correct. But only one person got it first and that was HELEN! She said The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and got it correct! xD Helen does not have a blog to follow so this is more of a shout out! Hey Helen!

So since there's no link for a blog everyone else did get it right. But I actually have a link to give to you guys to check out which I will post at the end of this post. But for now we need this week's quote. Let me find one for you guys. =D

Finally! I have one. I actually have to thank my friend Brian. He got it from one of the books he owns since I wanted something new and different. So here's the quote.

The bull-man wheeled towards him, pawed the ground again, and got ready to charge. I thought about how he had squeezed the life out of my mother, made her disappear in a flash of light, and rage filled me like high-octane fuel. I got both hands around one horn and I pulled backward with all my might. The monster tensed, gave a surprised grunt, then-snap!

If you know the answer, click this link here, and fill out the form. Hopefully I'll get even more people to interact and fill out the form and bam! Next week we shall see who the winner is.

Again I'd like to thank Brian for giving me the quote! I actually want to read the book badly haha.

Now for the link I was talking about, I actually made a facebook fan page for my blog so, The Subtle Chronicler Facebook. Click that there and become a fan of the page so that the word can spread.

Again I want to thank all of my followers because you guys are truly awesome and I can't believe I have so many already. =D

1 comments:

Brian said...

*Bows*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...