2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday's Novel Talk (14)

Hello my fellow followers. Monday has been a crappy day, has it not? It's freezing cold. It's raining. I have a headache. I need a shower. And the list goes on and on. But on the plus side, we got a new English Professor since the other one quit. And she's fairly new in the age department. I'd say around her 40's. But she was once a very pretty teenager I can tell. She still has that youth face. HI PROFESSOR! (the chances of her seeing this are slim but who cares.)

Anyway! Let's get on to see what I am reading. Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind is still in place. And it will stay like that for a while even though I really want to get back to it! I miss it =/

But onto The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. The Exiled Queen was recently released and I really want it but have no money. And I have to buy other books before I get to buy myself books. *hasacoughattack* oh hello you two xD

But the funny thing is that I was around Chapter 2 but was confused by some of the terminology. Perhaps it was because I had only read it on the bus and wasn't able to give it my full attention. But last night I started it all over again. I caught on with the terminology and was able to enjoy it more and follow along.

But anyway, as I was reading I caught onto something. It's this scene where they talk about an amulet and it goes like;

"Using a stick, he lifted the amulet by its chain. It dangled, spinning hypnotically in the sunlight, a green translucent stone cunningly carved into a snarl of serpents with ruby eyes."

And then right after that sentence, the paragraph continues with;

"The staff was topped with a brilliant round-cut diamond larger than he'd ever seen, and the snake's eyes were blood red rubies."

This can be found in the Hardcover version, Pages 18-19. Right at the bottom of 18 and top of 19.

I have re-read those sentences so many times because I don't understand what staff they are talking about?! I thought we were looking at an amulet not a staff. There was no mention of a staff before, ever. So where the hell did it come out of?!

Has anyone else caught on to this? And is it explained later on? Was it a mistake in printing or something? Leave a comment down below with your answers.

So yea, I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I'll read more than a chapter tonight although I'm feeling crappy and tired. Perhaps a nice, hot shower will do it. Haha.

I'm also trying to work on some reviews so that I can start putting more up in the next upcoming weeks. The funny thing is that when I'm showering or walking or not near a computer or pen and paper, I always think of reviews which turn out to be amazing and start speaking them out loud. But when I go to write them or type them up, I forget. So I might have to buy a recorder and record myself all day every day.

How does that sound?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello back, glad to see Im still on your mind! :)

Brian said...

Maybe the stick he picked up was actually a staff?

But I was looking at definitions and "staff" could mean "something that supports or sustains", so maybe that hoop of the amulet supported/sustained the '"brilliant round-cut diamond" etc.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...