2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, December 13, 2010

In My Mailbox/Book Haul (8)

Hello guys and girls! It is Monday and I was basically not here this whole weekend so I didn't post. And I'd just like to say that this week is my last week of the semester and I have finals and then I'll be free! So I'm doing yesterday In My Mailbox post. In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the beloved, The Story Siren. In My Mailbox allows you to show everyone and share the books you got that week. I, myself, add movies also since I get a few each week. So this week wasn't anything big. Just two movies and a book I've been wanting. So let's see what I got. =D

Skyline

My dad got this not knowing I wanted it. This is one of the two alien movies I really want to see, the other being Battle: Los Angeles. They are both crazy good looking!

Strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.





Not really something I would watch but I'll give it a try.

Doug MacRay (Ben Affleck) was born and raised in Charlestown, a blue-collar neighborhood in Boston, where crime is a part of life. Charlestown is the world's capital for carjacking, kidnappings, and armed robberies. The tricks of the criminal trade are passed down from father to son. Doug is the brains and ruthless leader of a gang of bank robbers who have been able to get out clean after each bank robbery. But Doug knows that his luck will not last forever, and he is looking for one last big heist that will give him the chance to leave the town in his rear-view mirror. But no one will let him, especially, his right-hand man "Jem" James Coughlin (Jeremy Renner); because he believes that it would be a personal betrayal to him, and he is not going to allow that. In a recent bank job, Doug forced the bank manager Claire (Rebecca Hall) to open the safe, and then took her hostage as leverage for the getaway, and eventually setting her free unharmed. Doug knows that he should leave Claire alone, but she only lives four blocks from him, and he can handle it, but he begins to fall for her. Their romantic involvement is about to take them down a perilous path.
The one book that I've been wanting for a while and I finally got it yesterday! Woot Woot!

Feisty Nora Grey somehow survived the crisis of Hush, Hush!, but dangers just as frightening loom in this standalone sequel. Patch, her guardian angel and love interest, appears to have a dark side and a wandering eye. Worse yet, he seems intent on obstructing Nora as she hunts for the truth behind her father's mysterious death.


So that's all I got last week. Hopefully this week will be just as good. So what did you get?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...