2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monday's -Late- Novel Talk (21)

So Monday I wrote the Mailbox post late. And yesterday I fell asleep around 9 and woke up about an hour later thinking it was time to go to school. I was so confused and lost I felt a bit sad for myself. So here I am and I will have to do three posts today! But I shall love it! =D

We start with Monday! What am I reading?

Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind. If I would've read yesterday instead of going back to sleep, (but I was extremely tired and I don't know why. Might have been waking up at 6 in the morning for class.), I would've got really close to finishing the book. I am currently on page 509 out of 725. Yesterday I would've gotten to 609+ and then today I would've ended up finishing it! But it's only Wednesday. If I do yesterday's plan starting today, I'll have it done by Friday!

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I finished that yesterday in class and it was one of the worst books I read. Now no one in the class gave me a good chance to explain myself. I started with, "It's the way it's written." And then I got attacked because I "perhaps don't understand because it is too complex for me...this language that was written way back..." Um... no. What I truly meant was the way SHE wrote it. Not the way it's written because of back in the day. I just didn't like the format she wrote it in and I didn't like the characters. My Professor (hi professor) possibly thought I was crazy because I said that this classic was and I quote "horrible". To me it is. Characters were blah, the story was okay, the way it was written was blah. I give it a T for Troll!

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. I have a pile of about 30+ books to read. Whenever I finish a book I pick another up so I can start it and read a couple of books at a time. Well I have to stop that! So what I'll be doing is. This and Naked Empire are currently the only two books I'm reading. So I'll just finish these and then go back to a book at a time whole deal. That way it'll be better for me! But I'm in the same page as I was last week. Nothing changed.

So that's what I'm reading? What are you reading? Leave it in the comments down below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...