2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blogger Interview: Vamp's Book Reviews and Advertising

Welcome to the new thing on my blog. It's Saturday and it's time to shine the light on another blogger. What this basically is, is that you, the bloggers can email me with information; name, age, blog link and a bit about yourself. You can also send some suggestive topics you'd like to talk about or I send you one based on what you like and such. After that you write some about it, like an interview, and I put it up for the world to see. The reason I'm doing this is because we always interview authors but we never have anyone interview us. We never get that special light shining on us. So I want to give us the chance for that!

Today we have someone called Penny Peterssen but is better known as Vampirique Dezire. She is 42 years of age, writes erotica and runs two blogs; Blood, Lust and Erotica & Vamp's Book Reviews and Advertising. Just a warning that you will have to be 18 or older to go on Blood, Lust and Erotica. She is also a moderator for Mistress Journals Forum and is now doing freelance work for Naughty Nights Press, a brand new publishing firm.

Seeing how she loves to write, one topic came to mind.

What would you like to accomplish with your writing? Is there a specific goal you want to reach with your writing? IE. get top bestseller, receive awards, just do it for plain old love of writing.

Vampirique Dezire:

Firstly I would like to thank you Mike for allowing me the opportunity to come to The Subtle Chronicler and tell you about my writing. My name is Vampirique Dezire and I am a writer of Erotica. I don't have a sub genre that I deal with only but tend to try my hand at all of them.

I first started writing Erotica about ten years ago and it was mainly for friends who enjoyed the fact that I was writing a story catered to just their fantasies. Word got out pretty quick and I was soon writing stories for all these different people. This was back in the days of MSN chat. It was a while after I started my own group site on there, which I began to write for my own enjoyment of writing. Being a hobby and never thinking I was a good enough writier, I didn't even dream about looking to be published. That didn't come until the beginning of 2010 when I met this wonderful woman on Facebook, called Gina Kincade. Gina, an Author and owner of Naughty Nights Press, had created a writers group and invited me to join. Part of being in the writers group was Gina encouraging us to submit stories and critique each other's work, to the point that it would be polished to send for submissions. It was actually through this that I submitted my first story to Rachel Kramer Brussel's call out for an anthology, which I did and to my amazement my story was accepted and the anthology, Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex, is due for release on February 1st.

To be honest, when I first started to write, I seriously had no thought of becoming a full time writer, now...I love it. I have 2 more stories due out in July through Naughty Nights Press and working on my first book as well as penning more short stories for submission. This is probably the best time of life at the moment, doing what I love.

Well there you have it. One woman's hobby turned into her dream. I think it's pretty cool how this was just something you did for fun and now it's something you do for a living. I think this is the way everyone wants it. Easy.

I wish you good luck on the rest of your awesome journey in writing. And if you guys want to check out her work just click the links above to her blogs and follow them both. I shall see you all later, possibly with another interview on the way. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...