2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (17)

Hello all! It is Tuesday and I have some news for you. This year I won't be doing a semester in college. ='( It's really weird and odd not going to school for a few months since it's been my routine for basically my whole life. But when I went in to register they gave me classes and when I went to print my schedule out they told me they were closed and had no more space. Those were the last classes available so now I have to wait until May to do Summer I. It sucks, I know, but I can actually get a job without worrying about classes and actually read more! Woot woot! Now onto this weeks Novel Spotlight!

Matched by Ally Condie! I've been wanting to read this for the longest and with Christmas money I finally bought it. (I haven't done a Christmas Haul yet, I'm still waiting for the last book that I ordered with Christmas money to arrive.) But, Matched is sitting on my shelf and I can not wait to read it. Let me start off by saying I LOVE the cover in person! It's just a lot to take in in such little details. I love love love it! One of my favorite covers. Hopefully books 2 and 3 will be just as amazing so that they look epic next to each other. What is the book about?

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

It sounds like a cheesy romance novel, but I'm sure it's not. Have any of you read the book? What are your thoughts on it? Leave the comments down below! =D

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh yes...I've read the book and while there is a tinge of romantic interest, it is more about the society and how things are versus should be. It's REALLY good....you should definitely give it a try. I did a review on it a few weeks back on my site if you're interested...no spoilers in it (or if there were I warned people ahead of time, can't remember right now...LOL).

(OH...and by the way....you've also won an award over at my site! http://insatiablereaders.blogspot.com/2011/01/roll-out-red-carpet.html)

Happy reading! ^_^

Michael Antonio Araujo said...

Oooh so there's romance but it's more about the society.... I like it already! haha, I'll go check out your review after I'm done cleaning =P

And thank you for the award! I'll be sure to pass it along to 15 people, also after cleaning lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...