2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox/Book Haul (9)

Hey everyone! Finally a first post since no internet. I've been trying to catch up on everything like my emails and facebook and websites I check and shows and all of that. Hopefully by tonight I'll be done. I'm actually feeling pretty weird right now. It's like everything is in slow motion and I feel so sluggish and just tired. I hope I'm not getting sick but who knows.

But tomorrow I will continue with the weekly posts and tomorrow I will have my first guest post up. The one that I posted about for you guys to email me. A lot of people emailed me and I think it's awesome and fun. So tomorrow I'll have the first one up and I'm thinking about doing them on Saturdays or Sundays. Or maybe Saturdays and Sundays. But for now I'll put them up as a surprise. This week I got a book for review and it sounds awesome.

Behind Green Glass

This novel actually sounds really interesting and different and unique. It's about fairies but there's this twist sort of thing.

Isolde is a shy and artistic sixteen-year-old who moves into a house rumored to be haunted. When she discovers a shard of green glass, a new world opens for her. Through the glass she see's Lyric, who mistakenly believes that he is a ghost, and other ethereally beautiful creatures. As their mystery unfolds, Isolde learns that they are not ghosts, but The Forgotten Ones, fairies cast out of their realm, labeled imperfect for their physical and mental differences. Isolde's friendship with Lyric and The Forgotten Ones teaches her that sometimes our "imperfections" can also be our greatest strengths.

Usually novels about fairies are about love and death and all of that teenage stuff. So it's pretty refreshing seeing something so different and so out there. I'll be reading this novel next and have a review up of it when I'm done.

So that's basically it. Not upset that I haven't been getting books since I have a pile of 45+ books to read at the moment so I'm all set. So stick around for tomorrow and see you all later! =D

2 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Sounds great,hope you enjoy it Mike, Happy Reading! :)

brandileigh2003 said...

I haven't heard of this one. Happy reading and have a great week!
here is mine

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...