2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's Novel Talk (13)

Finally! Happy Monday Everyone! I finished part of my Psychology homework and thought I deserved a break and posted up a post. So I am. And I've been thinking, Monday's Novel Talk seems very bland and I might need a new name for it. So I shall keep on thinking until I get a new name for it and then BAM!

Anyway onto novel talks. I finished Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder and it was good. I'll try to get more into it with a review later on.

But I finally started The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. I love this author, she is amazing and I just love her stories and ideas and her writing style. I'm only on page 12/13 but already a lot has happened. And I love the magic she creates. But why am I on page 12/13 only?

Because I'm trying to finish smaller books first so that I can finish this pile of books to read. Which means I'm reading The First Escape by G.P. Taylor part of The Dopple Ganger Chronicles. It's part story part graphic novel which is why I'm reading it first. Now, I kind of have an issue with it.

In the back are two quotes from reviews. One of them says;

"The new C.S. Lewis."
-Heaven and Earth Show, BBC

While the other says;

"Hotter than Potter."
-London Times

This made me think that this story was amazing and it gives high expectations to people. Challenging Lewis and Rowling are tough jobs. Both authors created amazing worlds that no one can deny.

And so far, Taylor isn't meeting the challenge. I mean I'm not trying to attack him or anything but he's no where near those two. He is a good author. I'm loving the story and the way it is formatted with the graphic novel in-between is a change I like. But it's not actually UP there with those two authors. But no offence to the author! You're still a good writer!

I'm currently on page 94/95 and I hope to finish it today or at least tomorrow to start book 2. They're really fast reads because like I said they're different. And I do enjoy the story.

And then there's Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind. Which I am still reading! Still on Chapter 17 Page 175. It's not that I've stopped reading because I haven't. I'm just trying to get these smaller books out of the way. And since the show was cancelled I want Richard, Kahlan and Cara to continue in my life. So I'll get back to it once my pile has reduced.

So this is status for today. What have you guys been reading? Leave the comments down below and I'll respond also =D

I also have to get an image for here. Perhaps in a month or so I can ask Leonor for another button xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...