2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Friday, September 13, 2013

This or That (7)

Hey Chroniclers! It's finally Friday and I feel blah. I hate going to sleep late and waking up late. Makes me feel like crap. But, it's Friday and I need to just forget about that and enjoy the weekend! Since it is the beginning of the week, that could only mean one thing. It's time for another edition of This or That, a weekly meme hosted me, in which I pit covers of the same book against each other. They both have the same story, but the image that sells is different. Your job, as Chroniclers, is to vote for your favorite at the end to see which one is fan favorite. Since J.K. Rowling revealed some amazing news about a new movie that is set in the Wizarding World and follows Newt Scamander, based on her short novel, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I think this post needs to be special. Let us begin!

Click to see bigger!
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling!

Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a cloak of invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.

But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him...if Harry can survive the encounter.

Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.


The original cover is the love of my life. It's what I know and grew up with and of course I'll be biased with it. But then again, it's Harry Potter and I love every single cover equally, so I wouldn't be able to choose. The second cover is awesome as well. I had to get myself a copy of it. It's awesome seeing another scene from the book. The third cover is also amazing and the only one I've never seen in person. It was a limited edition thing but I love the scene and the colors. Ties in with Deathly Hallows. The fourth book is just amazing as well! I love how busy it is just like the real scene. Love the colors and it just gets me excited. Plus, the actual copy has this buttery feel to it, so soft. 

Between the four, what do you guys think? Vote for your favorite down below and let's see which one is the winner! 



Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...