2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Author Spotlight (5) Top 5 Favorites - #1

I'm finally finishing up with my Top 5 favorite authors. Don't know what special thing I'll be doing next week. Actually, on second thought I have an idea. =D

Continuing from where we left off, the list was as follows;

  1. ----
  2. Terry Goodkind
  3. Philip Pullman
  4. Scott Westerfeld
  5. Cinda Williams Chima
My Number 1 favorite author is....

J.K. Rowling! The Queen of all Literature and people might have their own opinions but I absolutely love her! Most of you all know who J.K. Rowling is, basically studied her every move and ideas. Joanne Rowling, the K comes from her grandmother's name Kathleen, was born July 31, 1965. She first thought of Harry Potter on a train ride from Manchester to London in 1990. Believe it or not, her first novel was turned down more than once. But soon enough, it got the luck it needed and took off.

I was at a sports club party when a friend of mine was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The book was just released so it was around midnight and he was in the beginning. I was sitting there wondering why he and his sister were both reading books. So I walked on over to him and asked if I could see what he was reading. He handed me the book and I began.

It was about a minute later when I made my god-father take me to a supermarket and I bought the book and was reading it with joy. The feeling it gave me can not be experienced again. I know what it felt like, but I can not feel it. That was the happiest moment of my life. I read about 100 pages in when I noticed there were other books. So the next day I went back and bought the first four and devoured all five of them in about five days.

I was in 6th grade at the time, if I remember correctly. And I remember taking them to school and reading it in the last few days of summer when we just sat there and did nothing. I would re-read them every single day. It was the best moment of my life.

Now the best part of J.K. Rowling is that she sets the perfect example of if you have something set, do it. She went from living in her car to being rich and famous. And what I love about her is that she's not crazy about the money. Unlike some authors.

She has written 3 different books where all of the money go to charity. And it's not like a limited thing. The money still goes to charity.

I support her all the way and it would be the best thing in my life if I ever got to meet her.

Now, everyone knows her for writing Harry Potter. But most want to know if she'll write other things and the answer is yes. J.K. Rowling was seen writing in a cafe with her back against the wall. I can not wait to see what other masterpiece she comes up with. But for now we must enjoy Harry Potter over and over. Oh, let me not forget to mention how the movies are being near release and I just can't wait to go watch it! It'll be epically crazy!

Now aside from other works she's working on, she's also planning to write an Encyclopedia on the Harry Potter world. Talking about Character histories, history, creatures, places and everything else. She basically said the Encyclopedia is all of her notes she's written since day one. That'll be one huge ass book. =D I love it.

To find more information on her, visit her website over at http://www.jkrowling.com/
And follow her twitter! http://twitter.com/jk_rowling

Share your thoughts on J.K. Rowling and her works. Any stories you would like to share? Just go ahead and leave it in the comments below.

Thus, this concludes my Top 5 favorite authors. But who knows. Perhaps in a year or so they might change. Although, I think they won't. At least not number one.

2 comments:

Brian said...

lol who would have guessed! xD

Unknown said...

even if shes not every one's #1 shes still probably on their list! I cant wait to see what else she comes up with

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...