2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, August 30, 2010

In My Mailbox/Book Haul (2)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where bloggers and vloggers show the wonderful books they received in the mail. Book Haul is where you buy books or get books from the library. So this week I actually bought a book on Tuesday! YAY! Veronica bought a book too so I thought I'd add that in since she's a stalker of my blog. So let's start with books I have received in the mailbox.


I actually received this one from the wonderful Mark Whiteway after I reviewed the first book. I seriously can not wait to read this one and find out what happens. The first one ended epically. So yes, let's see what this one is about for those of you not reading this book.

The desperate race to save the world continues. Washed up on a distant shore on the unknown side of her planet, together with the Chandara Boxx, the orphan Kelanni named Shann must uncover the fate of her companions, whilst searching for an artifact hidden there in the distant past. As she journeys farther into this new land, she will encounter strange sights, come against new enemies and meet new friends, until finally coming face to face with the truth of her own past.


I also got this one from the author herself. I'm kind of excited to read it. The cover makes me wonder what's going on in there. I'll be reading this one soon after I finish Lodestone. But let's remind myself and show you guys what this is about.

The Rys Chronicles begin with this character-rich adventure that follows the travels of Dreibrand Veta, an ambitious warrior who seeks to rebuild his noble family's fortune. He is the first to join the powerful rys spellcaster Shan, whose race possesses magical powers and whose Queen Onja rules many human kingdoms as their Goddess. The wickedness and tyranny of Onja disgust Shan and he desires to seize to seize the rys throne from her. The third renegade is Miranda. After escaping from her abusive slave master, she becomes a crucial player in Shan's bid for power. To weaken Onja, Shan raises rebellion among her human subjects and gathers allies for his cause. Shan demonstrates his magic in battle and convinces his followers that the fearsome rys Queen can be overthrown. For over two thousand years Onja has ruled, but now, not even fear of her ability to enslave souls will stop her ambitious enemies.


This one I actually bought the day it came out. I went to New York to buy it so that I could read it and finish it and love it. Which I did. I'm actually writing a review to put up so stay tuned for that one.

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.


This is actually the book Veronica bought. And she's also borrowing my Uglies books. All 5 of them. So far she loves it. Of course. =D Funny thing, I keep calling Sookie, Snookie for some reason. Oh God is right.

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out...

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a great idea.



So that's all I got this week. Or last week as a matter of fact. Hopefully I'll get more good books this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...