2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thursday's -Late- Author Spotlight (6)

My lovable followers! How I have missed you all! I know I promised I would post while being in Massachusetts but a lot of things happened such as internet kept going off and other things I really do not want to talk about. O.o haha But anyway I promised that I would post so I'm putting them up a bit late. I don't know about the review but I'll try.

But for this Author Spotlight it is someone who's book came out this week. Amazing author, I love her. She would be on my Top 5 if I didn't feel bad to take out the other ones and didn't love her either. But she is one of my favorite author.


Everyone, say hello to Suzanne Collins. -Hello Suzanne Collins.- Very nice. Funny fact, coming back from Massachusetts and we stopped at this gas station and me and Steven (yes, I say names like you know these people) asked what state we were. The cashier looked at us and we said we're from New Jersey and were on this trip and he was like, oh Connecticut. I could've gone to see Suzanne. So as you guessed it, she lives there. With her husband, two children and two adopted feral kittens. And let me just say something, she does NOT look 47. I'd say she was in her 30's. Crazy right?

Well anyway, I first heard about her when I heard about The Hunger Games. I don't really remember where I heard that from but it was around the time Catching Fire was released. But, I heard of her, checked her out, thought her books were cool and decided to get them. I got The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and fell in love with her. Her style of writing is amazing and clear and her imagination is wild. And she's not afraid to take it to places not taken before.

So before she started writing books, she was actually a writer for shows. Shows like, Clarissa Explains It All, Little Bear and even Oswald! I love Oswald! That awesome octopus... xD But what's even better are the books so let's check them out.

The Underland Chronicles
  • Gregor the Overlander (2003)
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (2004)
  • Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (2005)
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (2006)
  • Gregor and the Code of Claw (2007)
The Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Hunger Games (2008)
  • Catching Fire (2009)
  • Mockingjay (2010)
Other Books
  • Fire Proof: Shelby Woo #11 (1999)
  • When Charlie McButton Lost Power (2005)

Before I end this up, did you know she was named one of Time's magazine's most influential people of 2010. That's amazing and she has influenced me in so many ways with her writing. I can not wait to see more of the amazing works she comes out with.

1 comments:

Fi-chan said...

:O I didn't know she was named one of the most influential people of 2010 in Time's magazine! amazing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...