2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Friday, January 4, 2013

My Top 12 Books/Series of 2012


Hey Chroniclers! Welcome back to another post from me =D Today I'll give you guys my Top 12 Books of 2012 along with some cool information! I feel like I might have a hard time choosing my Top 12 books because a lot of them are from the same author. So it might be a mix between books and author. But let us get to it. And these are in no particular order! I also won't count rereads such as Harry Potter or Impulse.


  • Ellen Hopkins
  1. Tilt
  2. Collateral
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  • Andy Gavin
  1. The Darkening Dream 
  2. Untimed
  • The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
  • Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  1. Beautiful Creatures
  2. Beautiful Darkness
  3. Beautiful Chaos
  • John Green
  1. Looking For Alaska
  2. An Abundance of Katherines
  3. Paper Towns
  4. The Fault In Our Stars
  • Tamora Pierce 
  1. Sandry's Book
  2. Tris's Book
  3. Daja's Book
  4. Briar's Book
  • The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Fear by Michael Grant
  • Rick Riordan
  1. The Lightning Thief
  2. The Sea of Monsters
  3. The Titan's Curse
  4. The Battle of the Labyrinth 
  5. The Last Olympian
  • The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer 
And there you have it! My Top 12 Books/Series of 2012! Like I said none of them are in order because I just can't choose and they were all amazing! 2012 was such a good reading year and I'm hoping this year will be just as great if not better! So here's to reading! Also check out some of the stats down below!

Books Read In Total: 86
Pages Read In Total: 29,692
Longest Time To Read A Book: Silence, Becca Fitzpatrick -November 22/December 13
Shortest Time To Read A Book: Tie betwen;
  1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, J.K. Rowling - February 20/February 20
  2. Every You, Every Me, David Levithan - April 29/April 29
  3. The Field Guide, Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black - August 4/August 4
  4. The Ironwood Tree, Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black - August 6/August 6
  5. Invisible Inkling: Dangerous Pumpkins, Emily Jenkins - October 5/October 5
Longest Book I Read: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling - 870 Pages
Shortest Book I Read: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 42 Pages
Most Books I Read Of The Same Author: J.K. Rowling - 10
Most Books Read In A Month: April - 12
Least Books Read In A Month: November & December - 4

It's clear that J.K. Rowling is a big winner in MANY of the categories here! If this were an award she would've blown the others away. =P But 2012 is long gone and it is now time for 2013. I've already begun reading and starting my new list. I plan to read another 50 books this year. I would take the goal higher but for the first half of the year I'll be reading some big adult books that might take a while to read, but hopefully I can make it past 50 again! I will see you guys back here next year for 2014! Happy reading everybody! =D

Check me out on other places on the internet;

Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Goodreads: Michael Araujo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...