2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday's Novel Spotlight (49)

Hello Chroniclers! It is Tuesday which means another batch of books have been released. From sequels to series enders but today what we shall focus on is a debut novel. I haven't heard much of it and only a few days ago did I actually hear about it but that novel is...


Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans!

In this gripping exploration of a futuristic afterlife, a teen discovers that death is just the beginning.

Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow drones, Felicia passes the endless hours reliving memories of her time on Earth and mourning what she's lost-family, friends, and Neil, the boy she loved.

Then a girl in a neighboring chamber is found dead, and nobody but Felicia recalls that she existed in the first place. When Julian-a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life-comes to offer Felicia a way out, Felicia learns the truth: If she joins the rebellion to overthrow the Morati, the angel guardians of Level 2, she can be with Neil again.

Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself at the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it's not just her own redemption at stake... but the salvation of all mankind.

Time to break it down.

The Story: The story sounds good if it didn't involve the love. We all know how I'm starting to feel about the whole love thing in YA. It's really taking over these characters lives who think love is something it's not. If I were dead and had a chance to go back, I'd want to go back to be alive not because I can be with the love "of my life". I mean I'd think about it but my first thought would be I can be alive again! If it didn't have the love and were something else it would sound really good!

The Cover: I like the simplicity of the cover. The white with the red, how nothing is bold yet it all stands out. Except the girl. I kind of wish it didn't show the girl as clearly as it does and that it was hiding her a bit more. Would've made the cover more mysterious. I also think she's sitting in an odd position. 

The Verdict: Unfortunately I will not be getting this book. I might check some reviews out about it but other than that, it's guilty for me. Guilty of not catching my interest! That is law.

What are your thoughts on the author, cover and story? Leave your comments down below.


Don't forget to check out and stalk me on these things;

Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Goodreads: Michael Araujo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...