2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Novel's Court (9)

Hey Chroniclers! Welcome back to Tuesday! Today is the day when books have been released into the world and it is our job to see which ones we want to read and which ones we'd rather pass up. The Novel's Court is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly in which I put debut novels through a trial to see whether they are Guilty (worth reading) or Not Guilty (not worth reading). Let's begin!



Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick!

Today is Leonard Peacock's birthday. It is also the day he hides a gun in his backpack. Because today is the day he will kill his former best friend, and then himself, with his grandfather's P-38 pistol.

But first he must say good-bye to the four people who matter most to him: his Humphrey Bogart--obsessed next-door neighbor, Walt; his classmate Baback, a violin virtuoso; Lauren, the Christian homeschooler he has a crush on; and Herr Silverman, who teaches the high school's class on the Holocaust. Speaking to each in turn, Leonard slowly reveals his secrets as the hours tick by and the moment of truth approaches.

Time for Court!

The Story: This sounds so freaking fantastic and I just want to know what the secrets are. I'm anticipating this book so much, I just want to read it now. But, I must wait until forever to get back and then go buy it! 

The Cover: While the cover is okay, I like the other cover a lot better. The one that has a hand-gun with the title in the hand. It looks a lot better than this one but hey! 

The Verdict: Guilty! Aside from the cover change I wish they had kept, I will get this book as soon as I get back to America. Hopefully. I'll see. I just want it now!

What are your thoughts on the story and cover? Have you read it yet or want to read it? How about your thoughts on the author himself? Leave your comments down below!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...