2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cast Them Away (8)

Hey Chroniclers! How's everyone doing today? It's currently Wednesday, the middle of the week and I'm still in Portugal. Still. I love it here but I do miss home. A lot. Especially my bed and my books. Believe it or not, I took a picture of my books so I can look at them when I miss them. Talk about being a creeper. But, it being Wednesday today makes today special because I can bring you an edition of Cast Them Away! Cast Them Away is a weekly meme hosted by me where I choose an actor or an actress to play a character from a book if the book were ever turned into a movie. Because I'll be in Portugal for three Wednesdays and settling in on the fourth, I'll be using the four Wednesdays of August and try to cast the four leading ladies of Pretty Little Liars into movie adaptations of YA novels. Let us begin with the first one.


The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse is a great dystopian novel where people who show signs (in their mind) of being able to do harm or disrupt the peace are sent onto an island. Alenna has been acting good and doesn't have any bad thoughts, so when she's sent to the island, called the wheel, she is more than shocked. Alenna must face brutal people and learn to survive in an environment she wasn't prepared for.

The novel is full of action and adventure and mystery. We are kept guessing what the hell is going on until the very end and even then we are still left wanting more. If I had to cast Alenna with an actress from Pretty Little Liars, I would know who to choose.

It's actually interesting because I would choose her regardless if she was in the show or not. Something about her just makes me want to see her as Alenna and I love her so much. Plus, I kind of pictured her while reading.

That person I'm talking about is Troian Bellisaro, who plays Spencer. Something about the way she plays Spencer really reminds me of Alenna. The need to be perfect at everything and to overachieve. I'm pretty sure if Spencer and Alenna met they would be either great friends or big rivals.

The picture of Troian on the right actually reminds me of Alenna. Tall girl with her hair pulled back into a ponytail with a long neck. Troian is a beautiful girl but I would love to see her get dirty and bloodied up a bit and thrown into some action. Action aside from surviving A. More like surviving for her life.

What do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Have anyone else in your mind for the role of Alenna? Leave your comments down below!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...