2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Friday, August 2, 2013

This Or That (1)

Hey Chroniclers! It's August and I'm currently in Portugal. Actually I'm in New Jersey still but I'm scheduling these posts because I'm not sure what my internet situation will be. Anyway, I'm so excited to introduce you guys to a new meme I created. I haven't seen anything online like this, but perhaps I haven't searched hard enough. This Or That is a weekly meme hosted every Friday's by me where I pit two covers of the same book against each other. The old cover vs the new. The stories are all the same but the image that sells it is a bit different. At the end of the post, you Chroniclers will be able to vote for which is your favorite. Usually I would show who won on next weeks post but since these are scheduled, you'll just have to see on the original post. Let us begin!


The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling.

A big novel about a small town...

When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity, and unexpected revelations?


Now the first cover is pretty simple. Yellow and red with white lettering and a black x in a check box. Very simple. The second though is the US Paperback version and it's a bit different. We see houses, and the font is different. There's different colors going on to play. 

I really don't know which cover I would choose. I think I would go with the second one (although the UK paperback version is so cool) but what do you guys think? Vote down below and let's see which is the winner!



Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...