2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Novel's Court (10)

Hey Chroniclers! Welcome to the second post of Tuesday. As we know, books are released on Tuesday's which makes it one of the best days of the week and it is our job to find out which books are worth reading and which ones we should just pass. The Novel's Court is a weekly meme hosted by me where I put these debut novels through a trial to see if the novel is Guilty (worth reading) or Not Guilty (not worth reading). In this case, we want them to be guilty, so let us begin!


The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle!

For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray's goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now . . . not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn't even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart's desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie-at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be. And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie's souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them . . . 

Time for Court!

The Story: I know I hate romance in other books, but if it's a novel about love, I don't exactly have a problem with it because it's letting me know exactly that it centers around love. So I must say this actually sounds pretty good. I've been on this contemporary novel kick and I just want to read them all.

The Cover: This cover is seriously an amazing cover. I love the font and just the colors in the back, they're simply amazing. I love the stars and the faint lines that are connecting them. It's just an amazing cover that will be even more amazing in person.

The Verdict: Guilty! I want to read this and own this but first I'll see the reviews, just to see what people are saying. Then, I'll choose if I want it or not. 

What are your thoughts on the story and cover? Will you read this or no? Leave your comments down below and let me know!

Don't forget to check out my other places on the web of inter...
Facebook: The Subtle Chronicler
Twitter: @SubtleChronicle
Goodreads: Michael Araujo
Instagram: AntonioMeks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...