2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Review: I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

Sorry for the lack of posting! Friday was the Portugal game, and the two graduations, Saturday was the beach and the movies and Sunday I was in New York and then talking to someone. And today I forgot I had to post stuff up because I've been talking to someone non-stop for 12 hours at this time. =D Oh yea...

Anyway, here's a review. There is a warning, this is not for kids and what I talk about on this review does not even touch what's in this book haha.

Author: Tucker Max
Pages: 288
Rating: A for Acceptable
Review: Warning: Not suitable for kids.

You know that guy, the one who thinks he’s the shit? You know who I’m talking about. You always see him at a party or something talking to multiple girls. The one who will have a girlfriend yet bag another girl and start making plans with another. Well, guys like that piss me off. They give us good guys a bad name. But as I read this novel of short stories, I couldn’t help but to laugh at the scenarios this guy gets himself into. And his stupidity.

Tucker Max is, I guess it’s safe to say, a guy who is afraid of commitment. Here he is making a complete ass out of himself and not having a care in the world. It’s as if he can be the only douche bag. And for some reason, people love it. I can’t help but admit that I find it amusing.

Here’s this guy, asking his friend to hide in the closet and film him and a girl having sex. It turned out so ridiculously wrong and hilarious to the point that his house smelt like lube, vomit and crap for several weeks. He’s the guy that, after getting a blowjob, notices he left a skid mark on the perfect white couch of the girl and just flips the cushion over. Hoping that she never realizes. These are only the beginning of the other stories in this.

It makes me think how his life is today, after he published the book and all of these girls read it. How they must feel to be humiliated and used by this complete dumbass. I’m all for female power. No they shouldn’t have more power, but you know, equality and stuff. This guy just doesn’t give a shit and he’s making us good guys love it.

In the end, this book is about a guy who we hate, love and want to be in the end. The novel of a guy where girls used to love him but now despise him. And I’m afraid that after this got published, he hasn’t gotten any action. After all, guys have their needs. Some, different than others. But they're still needs.


So, yea this book is just badass but I friggen love it lol. And I just want to shout right now because I'm beyond happy! Wow this is amazing, but I can't say anything yet. xD

Tell me if you guys have read the book or seen the movie. And your thoughts too! See you guys later. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...