2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Michael has read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.
hide

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday's -Late- Novel Talk (2)

I apologize for not posting this up yesterday. I know it's Tuesday but yea. And again I apologize for not putting this up earlier today. I was cleaning my bookcase and novels and it was a lot of work.

Anyway, today's novel talk will be about Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms. It's written my debut author, Mark Whiteway.

Now I first found out of this book on bookblogs.ning.com I think the site is. The author was searching for people to review his novel. I immediately signed up. And I'm so glad I did. It's the first novel I have ever received for review and I'm so glad it was this one.

The story is set in a strange land, yet the characters and the way it is written, the way they talk and act makes everything comfortable. This strange land is no longer strange to me. I mean, I'm towards the middle of the book but it's still amazing. From the very beginning I snapped into the novel. We meet one teen boy. He gets rejected by his crush and soon finds something that will make us want to read on. All of a sudden we meet a female character. And with her we meet two other males.

So here I am thinking, oh great, 4 characters. (I'm hoping the first one comes in again, I have yet to figure out his part in the novel.) And by the way, there was no sarcasm with the "oh great" up there. So we meet the three new characters and all of a sudden we're thrown into the lives of a new character. But that's not all for she soon meets a sixth character. And here I am thinking "how are all these lives going to come together."

We got one guy who found something and we're left at that.
One girl and two guys who are on a mission that may cost their lives.
One girl and one male creature who have to meet up with the other three to stop them from dying.

And yesterday, the last five have finally met. Kind of. And I can not wait to read more of it.

At first I was a bit confused with the names and such but I came to be comfortable with them and learned them so that now I can tell you anything about them. Well anything that has been mentioned in the book.

The only con for me, is the cover. It's not that I don't like the cover, because I do. It's just that the way it is and the way the colors mesh together and it looks like it's on canvas it makes me feel sick. Not like "Ugh that's sickening" more like I feel like I will throw up and it's giving me a headache. Not to be bad or anything but literally. It's not the only thing that does that. Certain colors make me feel nauseous and get headaches. So I kind of have to not look at the cover.

But anyway, I can't wait to finish it and give out my review on it! And then wait for the second novel which has to be as good as the first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...